Volunteer in Kenya with Kenya Voluntary and Community Development Project?.
Would you like to travel to a country and experience its cultures more deeply than you would on a normal vacation? Would you like to take up on a new challenge and learn new skills? Would you like to take part in something worthwhile and meaningful as part of an international Team? If you say yes to all, then welcome to our international Volunteer Service with a project that offers either short or long term basis service project in rural and urban areas..
Reasons to Volunteer Abroad in Kenya.
Ever got a feeling that you have a higher calling? You know that you have a special purpose on this planet earth? Infact if you had a chance, you would surely try to save the world or some part of it. Volunteering in kenya is one way to make a difference in the world around us, volunteering is not for everyone it's for those who really feel they can make a change in peoples lives and the surrounding environment, it demands for real committed heart.
- To see the world with a purpose. Some travelers are content partying their way around the world, looking for a more substantial experience. Volunteering not only gives the opportunity to give back, it also gives you something to do, somewhere to go, somehere to stay and most importantly make and meet new friends.
- Change Yourself. By volunteering in kenya you learn so much about yourself you will do things that you never imagined you were capable of. The biggest difference you will notice at the end of the program will not be external but will be the difference inside of yourself. Sharing your thoughts and friendship with local people will have a greater understanding of another culture.
- Flexibility. Unlike paid employment, volunteering provides for a more flexible schedule and varying time commitments, you may choose to participate in a work camp anywhere for two weeks. Volunteer in kenya with street kids (families) or teach in a school for a year or more.
- Build Your Résumé. Many employers value volunteerism above all else if you have volunteerism on your résumé, it shows that you are flexible, patient and committed.
- Career Development. In some cases you may find volunteer stick in your field of study a volunteer position may give you the hands or experience you won’t get stuffing envelops for an internship.
- Cultural Immersion. Many travelers know where they want to go, but don’t know what they can do once they get there, volunteering gives your travels a purpose and an itinerary.
- Affordable Travel. There are afew travel experiences that are cheaper than volunteering but most volunteer placement organizations charge a fee. The fee typically covers initial accommodation, orientation, communications and the program itself. Many volunteers cover their own expenses by organizing for fundraising events at home, sometimes through letter writing campaigns to families and friends. Contributions from churches or student organizations and other donations, fundraising is a simple way to help source for money and pay for a volunteer excursion abroad. Some of the best sources for small scholarships or donations are from companies or donor agents tied to the project service.
Can you Camp?
Can you live with ought modern plumbing, hot water and electricity? Most international volunteer experiences are hosted in developing countries like Kenya sometimes basic necessities are hard to come. Before you go you should do some research about the area of possible placement and be convinced that you are able to adjust as the last thing the volunteer organization and the locals need is someone complaining about food. You will be surprised at how much or how little you need in the way of modern comforts to be happy.however, if you know yourself and you know that you wouldn’t last an hour in a developing country, there is still opportunities for you in other areas. Are you open enough to accept and respect a culture no matter how different it is from your culture? This may be one of the most difficult aspects of your volunteer experience, there will be some aspects of the local culture that confound your sense of logic or challenge your sense of justice, however remember that you are the visitor. No solitary volunteer can change centuries of tradition or culture. You must look deep inside of yourself to determine if you are flexible enough to respect the local culture before you go despite of what you may have heard your job is not to teach the superiority of western ways.
Are you Comfortable with yourself?
At times you may feel isolated, particulary when you arrive in a village knowing no one. Many students travel because they are dissatisfied with the state of their life at home this however is the wrong reason to venture for international trips, as many students don’t know much about themselves you may have an opportunity and schedule that includes surrounding yourself with like minded individuals all day every day your social life or the lack there of will be entirely up to you. Volunteering abroad is truly a study abroad experience. Every minute of everyday you will be a student counts.
Are you hungry to learn?
You may learn a new language, a new culture, a new way of life, flexibility and patience are the key to having a satisfying experience abroad particularly in developing countries. Sometimes in developing countries people are not as obsessed with time as the developed countries like U.S.A Europe etc.often schedules are ignored or appointments begin abit later than arranged. Sometimes the Volunteer organizations and NGO S are understaffed, so your itinerary will not be as smooth and well organized as a tour. Things may seem disorganized at times; you may have to initiate your day to day itinerary. The only way to get over hurdles is to accept the program and offer your services within those parameters.
What will I do
Volunteer projects are as varied as you might imagine, generally volunteer experiences fall into four main arenas.
- Community Development. Placements rebuilding a school, setting up a water treatment facility or dig a bore hole, cleaning the streets, planting trees or helping the aged.
- Education. Teaching placements or acting as a teaching assistant in a local school or kindergarten or in an adult education program.
- Eco-Environment work. Placement might be in a wildlife reserve or National parks, monitoring endangered species like rhinos, elephants or working in a reforestation project.
- Social Welfare. Working with underprivileged children, womens co-op groups, working in a hospital or orphanage.
How do I get started
Start with your homework, research for existing volunteer programs, if you have questions about the quality of the program ask for assistance from the organizations or visit the online resourse and references. NB. Volunteers never go to teach people on the western ways or culture, nor are they there to save the people. Volunteers go to share their energy and time with the people to experience their culture first hand and to grow themselves.
Our Goal is to develop partnerships and shared projects to assist in long lasting community development and environmental conservation. We are interested in establishing partnerships with local and international organizations who share the same goals and objectives with ours. We believe in mutual benefits in partnerships based on knowledge sharing and co-operation is the key to creating and implementing exceptional international volunteer projects. We wish to establish a greater network of organizations co-operating together to maximize assistance to areas in need. If you would like to discuss about becoming a partner organization with us and be part of our global network of voluntary organizations co-operating to genuinely assist areas in need, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Application for volunteer placement
To join a volunteer project overseas with us, you need to choose one from our latest project list posted on our website, the information on our web is up to date about project availability, but if you would like to receive a hard copy, please contact us. Once you have chosen a project that interests you, send us an online application accompanied by the appropriate fee and we will start the placement process.
- Choose a project from the project list on our web.
- Send us the completed CV, Form, colour photo, photocopy of your passport and submit electronically to email.
- When we receive the application, we will notify you immediately, please give us 1-2 weeks to process your application and match your placement. We will send you a notification of preliminary acceptance and a pre-departure booklet within 1-4 weeks.
- Once you receive your project from us, you should begin preparing for travel by obtaining all necessary documentation (passport and visa) plus meeting the immunization requirements.
- Make your travel arrangement and other practical arrangements.
- Go and enjoy your project our staff will pick you up at the airport and take you to our organized accommodation.
Community Activities with Enchoro
- Visit local families
- Meet and talk with individuals and groups such as women, youth and children
- Visit schools, places of worship, local market places etc.
- Having fun with the Masai morans and community members at a cultural evening.
Our programs provide a volunteer service that creates opportunities for people from all over the world giving them the chance to change their lives and the lives of people they help. We are also setting up sustainable community development projects to protect the environment and to provide basic education, leadership training and life skills for vulnerable groups.
We are building an information bank about environment and global climate change issues in order to improve awareness of young people and community participation.
Education is fundamental to human progress, enabling individuals and communities to acquire skills and knowledge essential for improving their quality of life. But for vulnerable groups like disadvantaged children (orphans) and rural teenagers access to basic education is limited.
We have many field based volunteer positions working with community groups in low income urban neighborhoods and rural areas.
Training for Youth.
Due to disadvantages and many life challenges youth encounter, they need to confront and overcome these challenges in their lives and deal with conflict and decision making sometimes on their own. Volunteers can participate or contribute to the project upkeep.
The Enchoro Camp.
The Enchoro Wildlife Camp is situated in a quiet environment, perfect for guests wishing to have a quality time of retreat and relaxation. Also a base for safari destinations to the neighborhood Masai Mara National Game Reserve lately referred to as the new wonders of the world. Our Camp is surrounded by a natural environment, waking up to bird twitter and sometimes roaring of lions, hyena’s monkeys drama in the bush around. End of Program & Homeward Bound. After completion of your volunteer program we hold a debriefing session with other international, local volunteers and staff Here, participants say their good-byes, express their gratitude to other volunteers and staff, share Experiences and come up with suggestions for improvements before being escorted back to their Hostels/Hotels /Homes awaiting flights or departures. If we have convinced you well enough, please contact us to book your spot.